It's spring so we're gearing up for a whole lot of celebrations; weddings, Mother's Day, bridal showers, birthdays and housewarmings. With all these celebrations come gifts and with gifts, come cute packing. So on our quest to find fun, new, ways to wrap gifts, we found this adorable cherry paper DIY from Katelyn Wood, stationary designer and blogger behind Love. Luck. Kiss & Cake. After all, we can't resist a good pom-pom!
Here's what you need:
- Pink paper or wrapping paper
- Thin black marker or pen
- Mint green washi tape (you can also use white washi tape colored green with a marker)
- Mini red pom-poms
- Household scissors
- Hot glue gun
1. Wrap your gift in the paper before creating this fun design. You don't want the cherries to fall at awkward places.
2. Take a thin black marker and draw spaced-out stems where you'd like your cherries to be.
3. Cut small leaf shapes out of the mint green tape and adhere to the top of the stems you have drawn.
4. Using a glue gun, stick the red pom-poms to your package.
5. Give your cherry-wrapped gift to someone special!
Here at Kiss & Wear, we're constantly looking for the latest fashion and beauty trends. So when we wanted a fresh new manicure idea for the spring, we turned to Sally Hansen Global Color Ambassador, Madeline Poole. Her suggestion? Bright stripes, a rainbow bright manicure with big impact. According to Madeline, "tons of bright colors revived the'80s this spring 2017 season. There was no shortage of saturation. So Madeline followed suit with a manicure to match this runway trend.
Get Madeline's look by following her step by step guide to achieving this mani right at home below!
Here's what you need:
- 2 bright nail colors, we love the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel shades, $4.99-$9.99
- A top coat, we like the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Top Coat, $9.99
- A toothpick
1. Apply two thin coats of your nail polish of choice and allow to dry. (We used Tipsy Gipsy by Sally Hansen)
2. Use a toothpick to paint one fine stripe on each nail with a contrasting color. (We used Fish-Teal Braid by Sally Hansen)
3. Apply a top coat of your choice to seal your manicure.
What do you get when you take a whole lotta tassel and classic style? Lisi Lerch jewelry, of course!
A lover of fashion and antique jewelry, Lisi first started her company in the spring of 2001. While her new husband was getting an MBA, she worked full-time at the Cornell recruiting office and designed affordable women’s Kentucky derby hats. Although she loved making hats, Lisi decided to dabble in jewelry making and became hooked instantly.
While her hat business grew, so did her family. While pregnant with her first child, Lisi and her husband moved to Philadelphia. Not only did her company prove to be a success there, she was able to expand her line of hats to include winter ones as well. From New York to Virginia, Lisi would participate in trunk shows selling her hats from store to store.
With her hats becoming a hassle to travel with, Lisi decided to shift gears and pursue her true passion for jewelry design. To her surprise, her collection was well received. So, after her third child was born, Lisi started showing her line at AmericasMart in Atlanta. In time, her jewelry line grew into the sought after collection you see today of tassel earrings, colorful necklaces, and eye-catching cardigans.
Since we absolutely love all of Lisi’s accessories and are inspired by her hard work, we thought it’d be fun to get to know a little bit more about this jewelry designer who credits the creative direction of her line to her grandmother’s exquisite collection of jewels. Find out where she dines and more now!
My style in 3 words...Classic, fun, and happy
My nicknames are...Lis, Mommy
My drugstore must-have is...Lip gloss, antibacterial, and gum
My last purchase was...A fabulous bamboo lamp from the market
My top 3 make-up bag essentials are...lip gloss, mascara, and bronzer
My beauty secret is...A good lip gloss, mascara, and bronzer
I smell like...CHANEL N°5 Parfum or gardenias
I keep in shape by...Working out with my awesome trainer Ray every morning
My de-stress trick is...Chardonnay and a bubble bath
My secret talent is...Freakishly knowing everybody’s birthday and the all the state capitals
My first celebrity crush was...The Six Million Dollar Man Lee Majors
The music artist who always gets me dancing is...Michael Jackson or Justin Timberlake
My fashion icon is...Jackie O
My guilty pleasure is...Sunbathing
Right now, I’m obsessed with...My fluffy adorable dog, Boomer
My favorite website is...LisiLerch.com
My favorite TV show is...This Is Us, The Affair, and The Crown
When I have some free time, I...Play tennis
For breakfast, I always have...a protein shake on the fly
My favorite restaurant is...Atlanta Grill in Atlanta, GA
My ultimate travel destination is...Any 5 star Gilligan’s Island
In my career, I am most proud of...Being successful while continuing to be ladylike & kind.
The best advice I’ve ever received is...Just do it!
As a jewelry designer, I’ve learned...To accept competition with open arms!!
My goal in life is...To be happy
Step up your wardrobe this spring season with these fun and colorful pom-pom pieces. From scarves to hats and jewelry, pom-poms, a hyphenated derivative of the idiomatic french word for “ball of flair,” have been popping up all over our favorite accessories. Whether you sport a more boho look or are into preppy threads, these furry bobbles are one trend we believe everyone will love.
1. Pom-Pom Scarf, 24.00
2. Pom-Pom Bracelet, $7.00
3. Ettika Ikat-Print Pom-Pom Choker, $45.00
4. Tropical Pom Tech Crossbody, $18.00
5. M&S Collection Pom-Pom Fedora Hat, $27.00
6. Bauble Bar Melina Hoops, $34.00
7. Paperchase Llamas Clipboard and Pad, $9.50
We all want clear skin but naturally glowing skin? Even better. Sure, we know the basics of skin care, right? Use sunscreen, drink lots of water, and exercise. If all else fails, fake it with a good BB cream and blush. The truth is, skin that glows can be easy to achieve. Check out a few of favorite beauty secrets that will keep your skin looking vibrant all year long.
1. Eat a healthy diet. Healthy proteins and nutritious fruits and veggies go a long way. Omega 3, found in fish oil and walnuts are extremely beneficial to your skin. Vitamin C helps existing pimples heal faster so citrus fruits, green tea, and cucumbers are your best friend. Try to eat less sugar and salt which can leave you looking bloated.
2. Take vitamins. Vitamins intended for pregnant women are especially beneficial to your skin.
3. Prevent acne before it starts. Simple things like changing your pillowcase every 3-5 days, keeping your hands off your face, tying your hair back when you sleep, and some beauty rest make a big difference.
4. Use your night cream in the morning. Because night creams are typically more hydrating than daytime lotions, use one in the morning before applying sunblock for an extra dose of moisture.
5. Stick to gentle cleansers. Use a non-soap product like Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser morning and night to wash away grime without irritating skin.
6. Decrease your shower time. Shortening your tub time and cooling the temperature of the water will do wonders for your body. Hot showers strip your skin of its natural oils, leaving it patchy and dry.
We don't know about you but every chance we get to celebrate a holiday we do... for the food, of course! And with St. Patrick's Day approaching, we thought we'd share a fun and cute recipe we found from one of our favorite bakers, Alana Jones-Mann. Last year we taught you how to make Lucky Charms Munch so for this year, we thought we'd elevate our love for Lucky Charms with this Lucky Charmed Cake recipe. More aesthetically pleasing, this dessert will not only have your friends feeling lucky, it'll have you feeling proud you made something so beautiful without too much effort (or clean up). Enjoy!
- Lucky Charms cereal
- Buttercream frosting
- 2 (or more) cakes
- Food processor
- Frosting spatula
* Notes: before you start, bake two cakes of the same size. While they cool, take a box of Lucky Charms cereal and separate the marshmallows from the oat. Using a food processor, process a couple handfuls of oats. If you want to add a little color, throw in a few marshmallows before processing.
1. To assemble the cake, place your first cake layer on a cake plate. Use a knife to level the top of the cake (if necessary). Add a layer of buttercream frosting, as well as a thin layer of the processed cereal before adding the second layer of cake on top. Again, if needed, use a knife to level the top of your second cake layer.
2. Once you’ve assembled the cake add a layer of buttercream frosting (the crumb layer) around the exterior and place the cake in the fridge to set.
3. Once the frosting is set, add a second layer of frosting and then cover the frosted cake with the marshmallows.
4. Allow the cake to set in the fridge once more before serving. When cutting the cake, make sure to use a sharp knife to allow for clean cuts through the marshmallows.
Spanning over a decade, Connie Wong’s career has taken her to San Diego, Los Angeles, New York, and now San Francisco. With a background in writing and public relations, it’s no surprise that Connie decided to open her own PR agency in 2008 called Moderne Press. Specializing in boutique brands, Moderne Press offers its clients a more dedicated and personalized service when forming a marketing plan. By working closely with each business, Connie is able to raise brand visibility directed by their goals and brand values. It is this tailored approach that sets this PR firm apart from other agencies of its caliber.
In addition to her enthusiasm, Connie’s experience working in various markets has increased Moderne Press’ client list. From beauty to home décor, fashion and accessories, this PR agency works with an array of brands. And, since it’s launch, Connie has worked with many sought after bloggers and high-profile editors securing an array of coverage in media like Elle, InStyle, Glamour, New York Times, People, Real Simple, Redbook, StyleWatch, and Refinery 29, to name a few.
Moderne Press may be slowly becoming a household name in the lifestyle and fashion PR industries but let’s get to know Connie a bit more. From her beauty must-haves to her guilty pleasures, this is one Founder we’ll definitely be hearing more from in the years to come.
My style in 3 words...Comfortable, minimal, polished.
My nicknames are...I don’t really have any nicknames, except for the endearments my husband and daughter use.
My drugstore must-have is…Aveeno Active Naturals Lotion! It’s affordable and hydrating – and as a bonus, it's a fairly “safe” beauty product according to the EWG Healthy Living App. (It’s a super helpful and time-saving app, as I’m trying to buy more clean and safe products.)
My last purchase was…Leggings for my daughter. She has a way cuter wardrobe than I do!
My top 3 make-up bag essentials are…Mascara, Shu Uemura eyelash curler, and Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer.
My beauty secret is…Wear sunscreen and wash your face before bed. Not so much a secret, but I like to think it helps keep your skin looking fresh and young(er)!
I smell like…Frederic Malle Lys Mediterranee.
I keep in shape by…Mostly from carrying and running after my toddler! I also make a concerted effort to go yoga class once a week. That’s all I’ve been able to manage in my schedule since becoming a parent!
My de-stress trick is…Taking yoga breaths, which help calm my mind down. Also looking at photos of my daughter smiling always works!
My secret talent is…Being able to solve Wheel of Fortune puzzles quickly! Not particularly useful in real life, but I swear, I would be an awesome contestant on that show (save the luck of the wheel)!
My first celebrity crush was…Gosh, I don’t really think I had one.
The music artist who always gets me dancing is…Maroon 5. My daughter loves a lot of their songs, so we have little dance parties.
My fashion icon is…The women around me! I’m honestly more inspired by street style and the women that I know in real life. (Then again, I know I’m lucky because I have the privilege of knowing and working with some very stylish women.)
My guilty pleasure is…Cookies. I have such a huge sweet tooth!
My favorite website is…Impossible to name just one, but I can try to narrow it down to my 3 daily must-reads: Humans of New York, Cup of Jo and Oh Joy!
My favorite TV show is…The Blacklist and Shark Tank.
When I have some free time, I…Haha, what free time?! Jk
For breakfast, I always have…Coffee!
My favorite restaurant is…Commis in Oakland. While it’s not on my regular rotation by any means, it IS my most memorable meal to date.
My ultimate travel destination is...Italy. Loved all my travels there so far, and would love to go back to explore more!
In my career, I am most proud of…Securing one-page features in Country Living and O, the Oprah Magazine for the same brand in the same month. It was not only an amazing career achievement, but really made an impact for the brand and led to some other amazing opportunities and partnerships.
The best advice I’ve ever received is…Be open to change. This is still a hard one for me, because I’m a planner by nature, but as I’ve grown both professionally and personally, I’ve tried to adopt a more of a go-with-the-flow mentality.
As an entrepreneur & PR professional, I’ve learned…Hire people that do it better. There’s no way you can excel at everything in life, so it’s important to hire employees, consultants and other experts that can help and support your growth – in both your personal and professional lives.
My goal in life is…To raise a smart, kind and thoughtful kid. Be a good to the people in my life – as a wife, mom, friend, boss, etc.
At Kiss & Wear, we're all about the lip. So it's no surprise that we decided to do a fashion and beauty round-up of some of our favorite lip items. From fun lip-printed accessories to home decor and lipstick, we're sporting it all. There's no better way to show everyone you're literally loving what you wear than with a smooch.
1. SIS by Simon I Smith Pink Crystal Lips Pendant, $56.00
2. Georgia Perry Lipstick Pin, $15.00
3. Hard Candy Lip Artiste Lip Contouring Wand, $7.00
4. Kiss & Wear Hollywood iPhone Case, $35.00
5. Tartan + Twine London Soho Pouch, $9.99
6. Soludos Lip Denim Skate Sneakers, $75.00
7. Linda Farrow x Yazbukey Sunflasses, $294.00
8. Pink Girly Pop Art Lips Lumbard Pillow, $43.30
Whether it's a housewarming, birthday, work promotion or holiday, a bottle of booze is always welcome. Take every celebration to the next level by adding some pizzazz with this super easy DIY we found from This Heart of Mine. Festive and cute, this is one bottle that won't be overlooked at your next soiree. We love the look on champagne bottles but a little glue and confetti look great on anything from white wine to whiskey...depending on your poison of choice.
Here's what you need:
- Champagne or Wine Bottle
1. Using a foam or regular paint brush, add a coat of glue to the bottle.
2. Firmly press the confetti onto the glue. Shake off the excess and allow to dry. For thicker coverage, repeat the glue and confetti. Let dry for an hour
3. Add a gift tag.
Note: Dip a couple bottles to have on hand and don’t be surprised at the very ordinary things you find worthy of celebrating.
This may sound cliché but this year, I made it a point to join a gym. I wanted to establish a habit of regular exercise and a routine that would allow me to manage my day to day stress as an entrepreneur. Although I knew exercise was essential to my health and well-being, I never viewed working out as a priority. A month into my membership, not only have I enjoyed going to the gym, I've found a few ways to make exercise part of my regular routine. With a few tweaks and a lot of determination, you too, can find time to change your life positively through exercise.
1. Schedule your workouts just as you would any other appointment. Exercise will have a positive impact on your entire day.
2. Even if you don't feel like exercising, just do it! This is especially important in the early stages of your program as regular visits build the foundation for success.
3. Whether you work out in the morning, afternoon or evening, exercise at the same time each day for the next three months. This will help you develop a regular habit.
4. Do not overdo it. Set a goal of 3-4 visits per week; your joints and muscles need time to recover.
No matter how you exercise, just work it in and make it fun! Remember, keeping fit is a lifestyle.