We don't know about you but every chance we get to celebrate a holiday we do... for the food, of course! And with St. Patrick's Day approaching, we thought we'd share a fun and cute recipe we found from one of our favorite bakers, Alana Jones-Mann. Last year we taught you how to make Lucky Charms Munch so for this year, we thought we'd elevate our love for Lucky Charms with this Lucky Charmed Cake recipe. More aesthetically pleasing, this dessert will not only have your friends feeling lucky, it'll have you feeling proud you made something so beautiful without too much effort (or clean up). Enjoy!
- Lucky Charms cereal
- Buttercream frosting
- 2 (or more) cakes
- Food processor
- Frosting spatula
* Notes: before you start, bake two cakes of the same size. While they cool, take a box of Lucky Charms cereal and separate the marshmallows from the oat. Using a food processor, process a couple handfuls of oats. If you want to add a little color, throw in a few marshmallows before processing.
1. To assemble the cake, place your first cake layer on a cake plate. Use a knife to level the top of the cake (if necessary). Add a layer of buttercream frosting, as well as a thin layer of the processed cereal before adding the second layer of cake on top. Again, if needed, use a knife to level the top of your second cake layer.
2. Once you’ve assembled the cake add a layer of buttercream frosting (the crumb layer) around the exterior and place the cake in the fridge to set.
3. Once the frosting is set, add a second layer of frosting and then cover the frosted cake with the marshmallows.
4. Allow the cake to set in the fridge once more before serving. When cutting the cake, make sure to use a sharp knife to allow for clean cuts through the marshmallows.
Spanning over a decade, Connie Wong’s career has taken her to San Diego, Los Angeles, New York, and now San Francisco. With a background in writing and public relations, it’s no surprise that Connie decided to open her own PR agency in 2008 called Moderne Press. Specializing in boutique brands, Moderne Press offers its clients a more dedicated and personalized service when forming a marketing plan. By working closely with each business, Connie is able to raise brand visibility directed by their goals and brand values. It is this tailored approach that sets this PR firm apart from other agencies of its caliber.
In addition to her enthusiasm, Connie’s experience working in various markets has increased Moderne Press’ client list. From beauty to home décor, fashion and accessories, this PR agency works with an array of brands. And, since it’s launch, Connie has worked with many sought after bloggers and high-profile editors securing an array of coverage in media like Elle, InStyle, Glamour, New York Times, People, Real Simple, Redbook, StyleWatch, and Refinery 29, to name a few.
Moderne Press may be slowly becoming a household name in the lifestyle and fashion PR industries but let’s get to know Connie a bit more. From her beauty must-haves to her guilty pleasures, this is one Founder we’ll definitely be hearing more from in the years to come.
My style in 3 words...Comfortable, minimal, polished.
My nicknames are...I don’t really have any nicknames, except for the endearments my husband and daughter use.
My drugstore must-have is…Aveeno Active Naturals Lotion! It’s affordable and hydrating – and as a bonus, it's a fairly “safe” beauty product according to the EWG Healthy Living App. (It’s a super helpful and time-saving app, as I’m trying to buy more clean and safe products.)
My last purchase was…Leggings for my daughter. She has a way cuter wardrobe than I do!
My top 3 make-up bag essentials are…Mascara, Shu Uemura eyelash curler, and Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer.
My beauty secret is…Wear sunscreen and wash your face before bed. Not so much a secret, but I like to think it helps keep your skin looking fresh and young(er)!
I smell like…Frederic Malle Lys Mediterranee.
I keep in shape by…Mostly from carrying and running after my toddler! I also make a concerted effort to go yoga class once a week. That’s all I’ve been able to manage in my schedule since becoming a parent!
My de-stress trick is…Taking yoga breaths, which help calm my mind down. Also looking at photos of my daughter smiling always works!
My secret talent is…Being able to solve Wheel of Fortune puzzles quickly! Not particularly useful in real life, but I swear, I would be an awesome contestant on that show (save the luck of the wheel)!
My first celebrity crush was…Gosh, I don’t really think I had one.
The music artist who always gets me dancing is…Maroon 5. My daughter loves a lot of their songs, so we have little dance parties.
My fashion icon is…The women around me! I’m honestly more inspired by street style and the women that I know in real life. (Then again, I know I’m lucky because I have the privilege of knowing and working with some very stylish women.)
My guilty pleasure is…Cookies. I have such a huge sweet tooth!
My favorite website is…Impossible to name just one, but I can try to narrow it down to my 3 daily must-reads: Humans of New York, Cup of Jo and Oh Joy!
My favorite TV show is…The Blacklist and Shark Tank.
When I have some free time, I…Haha, what free time?! Jk
For breakfast, I always have…Coffee!
My favorite restaurant is…Commis in Oakland. While it’s not on my regular rotation by any means, it IS my most memorable meal to date.
My ultimate travel destination is...Italy. Loved all my travels there so far, and would love to go back to explore more!
In my career, I am most proud of…Securing one-page features in Country Living and O, the Oprah Magazine for the same brand in the same month. It was not only an amazing career achievement, but really made an impact for the brand and led to some other amazing opportunities and partnerships.
The best advice I’ve ever received is…Be open to change. This is still a hard one for me, because I’m a planner by nature, but as I’ve grown both professionally and personally, I’ve tried to adopt a more of a go-with-the-flow mentality.
As an entrepreneur & PR professional, I’ve learned…Hire people that do it better. There’s no way you can excel at everything in life, so it’s important to hire employees, consultants and other experts that can help and support your growth – in both your personal and professional lives.
My goal in life is…To raise a smart, kind and thoughtful kid. Be a good to the people in my life – as a wife, mom, friend, boss, etc.
At Kiss & Wear, we're all about the lip. So it's no surprise that we decided to do a fashion and beauty round-up of some of our favorite lip items. From fun lip-printed accessories to home decor and lipstick, we're sporting it all. There's no better way to show everyone you're literally loving what you wear than with a smooch.
1. SIS by Simon I Smith Pink Crystal Lips Pendant, $56.00
2. Georgia Perry Lipstick Pin, $15.00
3. Hard Candy Lip Artiste Lip Contouring Wand, $7.00
4. Kiss & Wear Hollywood iPhone Case, $35.00
5. Tartan + Twine London Soho Pouch, $9.99
6. Soludos Lip Denim Skate Sneakers, $75.00
7. Linda Farrow x Yazbukey Sunflasses, $294.00
8. Pink Girly Pop Art Lips Lumbard Pillow, $43.30
Whether it's a housewarming, birthday, work promotion or holiday, a bottle of booze is always welcome. Take every celebration to the next level by adding some pizzazz with this super easy DIY we found from This Heart of Mine. Festive and cute, this is one bottle that won't be overlooked at your next soiree. We love the look on champagne bottles but a little glue and confetti look great on anything from white wine to whiskey...depending on your poison of choice.
Here's what you need:
- Champagne or Wine Bottle
1. Using a foam or regular paint brush, add a coat of glue to the bottle.
2. Firmly press the confetti onto the glue. Shake off the excess and allow to dry. For thicker coverage, repeat the glue and confetti. Let dry for an hour
3. Add a gift tag.
Note: Dip a couple bottles to have on hand and don’t be surprised at the very ordinary things you find worthy of celebrating.
This may sound cliché but this year, I made it a point to join a gym. I wanted to establish a habit of regular exercise and a routine that would allow me to manage my day to day stress as an entrepreneur. Although I knew exercise was essential to my health and well-being, I never viewed working out as a priority. A month into my membership, not only have I enjoyed going to the gym, I've found a few ways to make exercise part of my regular routine. With a few tweaks and a lot of determination, you too, can find time to change your life positively through exercise.
1. Schedule your workouts just as you would any other appointment. Exercise will have a positive impact on your entire day.
2. Even if you don't feel like exercising, just do it! This is especially important in the early stages of your program as regular visits build the foundation for success.
3. Whether you work out in the morning, afternoon or evening, exercise at the same time each day for the next three months. This will help you develop a regular habit.
4. Do not overdo it. Set a goal of 3-4 visits per week; your joints and muscles need time to recover.
No matter how you exercise, just work it in and make it fun! Remember, keeping fit is a lifestyle.
It's Galentine's Day so we're showing our love and appreciation to all you Kiss & Wear babes with the ultimate Galentine's Day prize pack. Enter our giveaway and win a few of our favorite lip-themed products now!
Here’s a sneak peek on what you’ll be entered to WIN:
Kiss & Wear Sherwood Pendant, $68- Whether in a pair of heels or flip flops, this unique 14k gold-plated necklace keeps you stylish all year round.
Kiss & Wear Hollywood iPhone 6 Case, $35- Dress up your phone in smooches with our puckered up signature iPhone case.
Kiss & Wear Chelsea Stud Earrings, $25- These dainty 18k gold-plated lip stud earrings are guaranteed to become a staple in your jewelry box.
Tartan + Twine Pouch, $10- Keep all your beauty items organized with this lipstick lover's favorite pouch.
Our Must-Have Lip Products: A Maybelline Baby Lips Balm, A Hard Candy Lip Artist Wand, & 2 NYX Matte Lipsticks, $22
1. Follow @kissandwear + @tartineandtwine on Instagram
2. Tag your BFF, or Galentine with a 💋 (you + your BFF's Instagram profile must be public*)
3. You'll be entered to WIN!
***Winners will be selected & notified via direct message on 2/22***
Official Contest Rules: Kiss & Wear Galentine's Day Giveaway:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
US Sweepstakes. Void Where Prohibited. Must be 18 years or older.
The contest is sponsored by Kiss & Wear located in San Francisco, CA 94118.
Contest opens at 9:00AM PST 2/14/2017 and ends at 11:59 PM PST 2/21/2017 PST.
One (1) entry per person. One (1) Winner will be selected to win a Kiss & Wear Galentine's Day Prize pack containing: A Kiss & Wear Sherwood pendant, Hollywood iPhone 6 Case, and Chelsea stud earrings. A Tartan + Twine make-up pouch, Maybelline Baby Lips Balm, Hard Candy Lip Artist Wand, and 2 NYX Matte Lipsticks. Worth approximately $150 worth of merchandise.
Winner will be notified on or about February 22, 2017. If potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) days after the date of the first attempt, alternative potential will be contacted in his/her place at random from the remaining non-winning, eligible entries. Potential winners will be contacted via email.
Kiss & Wear obtains the right to publish winners’ names for blog + promotional material.
By participating in the contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising & promotion agencies, directors, employees, shareholders, representative and agents (the Released Parties) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participating in the Contest or receipt or use of the prize.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Who says you need a Valentine to get gifts on Valentine’s Day? In fact, there’s no better way to spend Valentine’s Day than by spoiling yourself as well as your best friends. Give yourself and your squad the gift of love with some of these special treats!
1. Hanky Panky Signature Low Rise Thongs- 5 Pack, $90.00
2. Wheres Karl? A Fashion-Forward Parody, $13.23
3. Tocca Eau de Parfum Viaggio Travel Fragrance Set, $45.00
4. Milk Bar 6" Birthday Cake, $50.50
5. Voluspa Suede Blanc Candle, $16.00
6. Kiss & Wear Newport Pendant, $68.00
7. Kiss & Wear Hollywood Mug, $15.00
8. Breakups to Make Up Bag, $26.00
9. Sonia Kashuk Cosmetic Brush Set, $22.99
February 14th is that special time of year when hearts and xo’s rule. A time to show someone you care about how you truly feel. So why not show that special man in your life how much you love him with one of these fun Valentine’s Day gifts? He’ll be sure to love them…but not as much as you (hopefully).
1. Billy Jealously Beard Envy Kit, $25.00
2. Llama A2 Valentine Card, $3.95
3. Well-Groomed Pouch, $16.95
4. Will Leather Goods Wren Keychain, $35.00
5. J.Crew Stainless Steel Anchor Tie Bar, $29.50
6. Bey-Berk Plaid-Wrapped Engravable Flask, $53.00
7. I Love Your Face Chocolate Message, 26.99
8. HOT SOX Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup Socks, $12.00
I've always been a fan of cinnamon rolls and funfetti cake so when I found this recipe on Pinterest from The Little Epicurean, I had to try it. Fun, pretty, and tasty are just a few words to describe this breakfast/lunch/dinner treat. After all, with cream cheese frosting and rainbow sprinkles topping off a delicious dough, what could go wrong?
- 1/2 cup warm water, about 110 degrees F
- 1/2 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 2 1/4 tsp dry active yeast
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large yolk
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup confetti sprinkles (I used pastel colors)
Cinnamon Sugar Filling:
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- pinch fine sea salt
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- pinch of fine sea salt
- additional confetti sprinkles, to garnish
1. Dough: Sprinkle yeast over water and milk. Add 1 Tbsp sugar and stir to combine. Let sit for 5-7 minutes to allow mixture to bubble and active.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together yeast mixture, remaining sugar, egg, and egg yolk. Whisk salt into flour. Add 2 cups of flour to mixing bowl. Use the dough hook attachment to mix together. Add another 1 cup of flour. Continue to knead on low speed, add softened butter 1 Tbsp at a time. Add remaining cup of flour and knead until the dough is smooth and cleans the sides of the bowl. Add confetti sprinkles and mix until evenly distributed in the dough.
3. Transfer dough to a lightly greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let dough rest at room temperature for about an hour until double has doubled in volume.
4. Punch down risen dough. Transfer to a lightly floured working surface. Roll dough into a 20 x 14-inch rectangle. Spread 1/3 cup softened butter over dough.
5. Cinnamon Sugar Filling: In a bowl, mix together sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Distribute cinnamon sugar filling and gently press into dough. Sprinkle sea salt.
6. Roll dough into a log, starting at the longer side. Slice the log into 12 equal parts. Place rolls in a greased 9 x 12-inch baking pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let rolls rest for 30-45 minutes at room temperature to allow rolls to rise.
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove plastic wrap and bake rolls for 30-35 minutes until golden brown on top and the internal temperature of the rolls hit 185 degrees F. Allow rolls to rest for 5 minutes to slightly cool.
8. Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat together cream and butter until smooth. Add sifted powdered sugar and beat until smooth and thickened. Spread over warm cinnamon rolls. Top rolls with additional confetti sprinkles, if desired.
Unicorns are having a big moment in fashion right now. From dainty jewelry pieces to large inflatable pool toys, these magical creatures are quite the rage. Often depicted glittery or with a rainbow or two, it's impossible to not want to get in on this trend. So don't let your sparkle get unnoticed and rock some of our favorite, fun unicorn accessories now!
1. Kate Spade Whimsies Unicorn Brooch, $78.00
2. Kiss & Wear Melrose Hairclip, $12.00
3. Berry Unicorn Ring Holder, $19.49
4. Unicorn Crossbody Bag, $17.90
5. Funboy The Rainbow Unicorn Inflatable Pool Float, $99.00
6. Unicorn & Rainbow Mismatched Earrings, $20.00
7. Casetify Lots of Unicorns iPhone 7 Case, $40.00
8. Topshop Blue Unicorn Glitter Socks, $6.00