Searching for the perfect gift can sometimes be difficult for the girl who has everything. So why not surprise her with something she didn't know she even wanted like a fun neon parrot led lamp for her apartment or a leopard clutch that'll match every outfit? Whether she's a homebody who enjoys coffee or a social butterfly who's out each night, we've your perfect gift covered!
1. A leopard print pouch she'll take everywhere. Sole Society Dolce Leopard Haircalf Pouch, $69.95
2. Something to rock during the holidays that's both festive and cute. BAN.DO Champagne Is My Game Ringer Tee, $38
3. Cold winter nights require a warm scarf both cozy and stylish. Mango Striped Faux Fur Scarf, $70
4. Keep her cell phone protected with a chic case. Kiss & Wear Hudson Iphone Case, $35
5. A stylish polaroid camera to help freeze memories in style. Polaroid Snap Instant Digital Camera, $100
6. A pair of cute sunnies perfect for brunchin.'Prive Revaux Madame Sunglasses, $29.95
7. Something neon to help brighten up her apartment. Sunnylife Toucan Neon Light, $26
8. A mug that says it all. Easy Tiger Coffee Snob Mug, $15
9. A pair of stud earrings that affirm her love of food. Kiss & Wear West 4th Hamburger and Fries Stud Earrings, $10
When shopping for a verified beauty lover, not just any basic beauty product will do. So what to get the beauty obsessed pal in your life who seemingly has it all (at least when it comes to make up and skincare)? From swoon-worthy skincare to must-have gift sets, we've rounded up some of our top favorite beauty gifts to give!
1. The ultimate eye shadow and blush palette. Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Shadow + Contour + Blush Palette, $42
2. Scents to keep her smelling great all year round. Tocca Eau De Parfum Viaggio Travel Fragrance Set, $45
3. Nail polish to compliment every season. Butter London Gems 6 Pc Trend Lacquer Collection, $24
4. Colorful eyeliner hues to give her eyes that extra sparkle. Cargo Limited Edition Swimmables Eye Pencil Kit, $25
5. Her new favorite set of make up brushes. 100% Pure Luxe Brush Set, $125
6. A burst of beauty in a super sweet set that purifies and moisturizes her skin. Foreo x Tony Moly Berry Best Friends Set, $39
7. A one-stop-shop to gorgeous, hydrated, glowing skin. Snow Fox Skincare, $30-$55
8. Keep her organized in style. Soho Blue Colorblock Medium Makeup Organizer Box, $15
9. The ultimate luxe lip set. NARSissist Velvet Lip Glide Set, $45
He loves you for more than your gift-giving skills, but these picks will remind him that reading his mind is one of your hidden talents. From a delicious tasting whiskey to a speaker he can bring almost anywhere, these gifts are guaranteed to bring a smile to your boyfriend's face.
1. Keep his everyday essentials in check. Topo Designs Rover 16L Backpack, $139
2. Sometimes he needs a little help finding his keys. Keysmart Keychain, $20
3. Date nights just got a little more stylish. J. Fold Airwave Slimfold Wallet, $98
4. The perfect compliment to cold winter nights in. Basil Hayden's Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, $37
5. Comfort is key after a hard day's work. Minnetonka Casey Slipper, $42.95
6. Give his tie, and wardrobe, an upgrade. Ox And Bull Trading Co. Tennis Racket Tie Clip, $40
7. Create your own private dance party. Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Portable Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker, $100
8. The perfect hint for a couple's getaway. Nisolo Dopp Kit in Waxed Canvas, $58
9. Make sure he stays well-groomed. Aesop The Intrepid Gent Grooming Kit, $92
Lately I've really been into poke cakes. And if you don't know what a poke cake is, it's basically a cake that you poke holes in after baking. The holes are then filled with a liquid or some type of filling like condensed milk, pureed fruit, chocolate cream, or pudding to infuse extra flavor into every bite. Poke cakes also tend to be a go-to of mine for parties since they are not only simple to make and delicious but super pretty when cut into.
This weekend, start your 4th of July festivities with this fun 4th of July inspired Strawberry & Blueberry Poke Cake recipe I stumbled upon from Dashing Dish. So fresh and tasty, your friends and family will be begging you to make this poke cake every 4th of July.
*Note: The estimated time to make this recipe is 4hrs or overnight
For the cake:
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 5 egg whites (or 2 whole eggs)
- 1/3 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 1cup water
For the strawberry jello:
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs unflavored gelatin
For the blueberry jello:
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tbs sugar
- 2 tbs unflavored gelatin
For the whipped frosting:
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 small package of instant white chocolate pudding
- 2 (8oz) containers of Cool Whip
Optional: Additional blueberries and strawberries for decorating
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 8 inch round cake pans with non-stick spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, egg whites, yogurt, and water. Beat until cake mix is smooth. Bake cakes for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cakes cool to room temperature, but leave in cake pans.
3. In a small saucepan, combine strawberries, water, and sweetener, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 3-5 minutes or until berries are soft enough to mash. Place strawberries in a strainer, and mash over a bowl, to remove strawberry pulp from strawberry sauce. Dissolve gelatin in strawberry syrup, and stir, (be sure to do this while it is still hot so the gelatin dissolves). Let cool to room temperature. Repeat with blueberry sauce.
4. Use a skewer to poke holes in the top of each cake layer, (cakes should still be in pans, and completely cooled at this point).
5. Pour cooled strawberry syrup over one cake layer, and the blueberry syrup over the next. Cover cake pans, and place cakes in fridge until gelatin is set, about 2 hours.
6. To make the frosting, whisk together the milk and pudding mix until smooth. Fold in cool whip, until smooth. Chill frosting in the fridge until the cake is completely cooled, and ready to be frosted.
Remove cake from cake pan by running a knife around the edge of the pans. (Run outside of pan under warm water if cake is difficult to remove. This will loosen the gelatin).
Remove the strawberry cake, and place on a cake stand, (or serving plate of choice). Spread 1 cup of the whipped topping over the cake. Top with the blueberry cake. Frost the cake with the remaining whipped cream.
Decorate with additional blueberries and strawberries if desired.
Chill for at least one hour before serving. Enjoy!
It's spring so we're gearing up for a whole lot of celebrations; weddings, Mother's Day, bridal showers, birthdays and housewarmings. With all these celebrations come gifts and with gifts, come cute packing. So on our quest to find fun, new, ways to wrap gifts, we found this adorable cherry paper DIY from Katelyn Wood, stationary designer and blogger behind Love. Luck. Kiss & Cake. After all, we can't resist a good pom-pom!
Here's what you need:
- Pink paper or wrapping paper
- Thin black marker or pen
- Mint green washi tape (you can also use white washi tape colored green with a marker)
- Mini red pom-poms
- Household scissors
- Hot glue gun
1. Wrap your gift in the paper before creating this fun design. You don't want the cherries to fall at awkward places.
2. Take a thin black marker and draw spaced-out stems where you'd like your cherries to be.
3. Cut small leaf shapes out of the mint green tape and adhere to the top of the stems you have drawn.
4. Using a glue gun, stick the red pom-poms to your package.
5. Give your cherry-wrapped gift to someone special!
We don't know about you but every chance we get to celebrate a holiday we do... for the food, of course! And with St. Patrick's Day approaching, we thought we'd share a fun and cute recipe we found from one of our favorite bakers, Alana Jones-Mann. Last year we taught you how to make Lucky Charms Munch so for this year, we thought we'd elevate our love for Lucky Charms with this Lucky Charmed Cake recipe. More aesthetically pleasing, this dessert will not only have your friends feeling lucky, it'll have you feeling proud you made something so beautiful without too much effort (or clean up). Enjoy!
- Lucky Charms cereal
- Buttercream frosting
- 2 (or more) cakes
- Food processor
- Frosting spatula
* Notes: before you start, bake two cakes of the same size. While they cool, take a box of Lucky Charms cereal and separate the marshmallows from the oat. Using a food processor, process a couple handfuls of oats. If you want to add a little color, throw in a few marshmallows before processing.
1. To assemble the cake, place your first cake layer on a cake plate. Use a knife to level the top of the cake (if necessary). Add a layer of buttercream frosting, as well as a thin layer of the processed cereal before adding the second layer of cake on top. Again, if needed, use a knife to level the top of your second cake layer.
2. Once you’ve assembled the cake add a layer of buttercream frosting (the crumb layer) around the exterior and place the cake in the fridge to set.
3. Once the frosting is set, add a second layer of frosting and then cover the frosted cake with the marshmallows.
4. Allow the cake to set in the fridge once more before serving. When cutting the cake, make sure to use a sharp knife to allow for clean cuts through the marshmallows.
It's Galentine's Day so we're showing our love and appreciation to all you Kiss & Wear babes with the ultimate Galentine's Day prize pack. Enter our giveaway and win a few of our favorite lip-themed products now!
Here’s a sneak peek on what you’ll be entered to WIN:
Kiss & Wear Sherwood Pendant, $68- Whether in a pair of heels or flip flops, this unique 14k gold-plated necklace keeps you stylish all year round.
Kiss & Wear Hollywood iPhone 6 Case, $35- Dress up your phone in smooches with our puckered up signature iPhone case.
Kiss & Wear Chelsea Stud Earrings, $25- These dainty 18k gold-plated lip stud earrings are guaranteed to become a staple in your jewelry box.
Tartan + Twine Pouch, $10- Keep all your beauty items organized with this lipstick lover's favorite pouch.
Our Must-Have Lip Products: A Maybelline Baby Lips Balm, A Hard Candy Lip Artist Wand, & 2 NYX Matte Lipsticks, $22
1. Follow @kissandwear + @tartineandtwine on Instagram
2. Tag your BFF, or Galentine with a 💋 (you + your BFF's Instagram profile must be public*)
3. You'll be entered to WIN!
***Winners will be selected & notified via direct message on 2/22***
Official Contest Rules: Kiss & Wear Galentine's Day Giveaway:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
US Sweepstakes. Void Where Prohibited. Must be 18 years or older.
The contest is sponsored by Kiss & Wear located in San Francisco, CA 94118.
Contest opens at 9:00AM PST 2/14/2017 and ends at 11:59 PM PST 2/21/2017 PST.
One (1) entry per person. One (1) Winner will be selected to win a Kiss & Wear Galentine's Day Prize pack containing: A Kiss & Wear Sherwood pendant, Hollywood iPhone 6 Case, and Chelsea stud earrings. A Tartan + Twine make-up pouch, Maybelline Baby Lips Balm, Hard Candy Lip Artist Wand, and 2 NYX Matte Lipsticks. Worth approximately $150 worth of merchandise.
Winner will be notified on or about February 22, 2017. If potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) days after the date of the first attempt, alternative potential will be contacted in his/her place at random from the remaining non-winning, eligible entries. Potential winners will be contacted via email.
Kiss & Wear obtains the right to publish winners’ names for blog + promotional material.
By participating in the contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising & promotion agencies, directors, employees, shareholders, representative and agents (the Released Parties) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participating in the Contest or receipt or use of the prize.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Who says you need a Valentine to get gifts on Valentine’s Day? In fact, there’s no better way to spend Valentine’s Day than by spoiling yourself as well as your best friends. Give yourself and your squad the gift of love with some of these special treats!
1. Hanky Panky Signature Low Rise Thongs- 5 Pack, $90.00
2. Wheres Karl? A Fashion-Forward Parody, $13.23
3. Tocca Eau de Parfum Viaggio Travel Fragrance Set, $45.00
4. Milk Bar 6" Birthday Cake, $50.50
5. Voluspa Suede Blanc Candle, $16.00
6. Kiss & Wear Newport Pendant, $68.00
7. Kiss & Wear Hollywood Mug, $15.00
8. Breakups to Make Up Bag, $26.00
9. Sonia Kashuk Cosmetic Brush Set, $22.99
February 14th is that special time of year when hearts and xo’s rule. A time to show someone you care about how you truly feel. So why not show that special man in your life how much you love him with one of these fun Valentine’s Day gifts? He’ll be sure to love them…but not as much as you (hopefully).
1. Billy Jealously Beard Envy Kit, $25.00
2. Llama A2 Valentine Card, $3.95
3. Well-Groomed Pouch, $16.95
4. Will Leather Goods Wren Keychain, $35.00
5. J.Crew Stainless Steel Anchor Tie Bar, $29.50
6. Bey-Berk Plaid-Wrapped Engravable Flask, $53.00
7. I Love Your Face Chocolate Message, 26.99
8. HOT SOX Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup Socks, $12.00
Coming up with gift ideas for everyone on your list can be tough - but we can help. From our Stevie necklace to our Ventura mug, we've rounded up some of Kiss & Wear's best-seller's from this year. Not only will your giftee love your picks but your wallet will too. All of our fun, unique accessories are all priced under $100!
1. Soho and Bel Air iPhone 6 Cases, $35.00
2. Uptown and Marin Stud Earrings, $25.00
3. Hudson Signature Lip Bracelet, $58.00
4. Brooklyn Signature Lip Pendant, $68.00 and Stevie Necklace, $75.00
5. Hollywood and Ventura Mugs, $15.00