This summer, I've been all about orange lipstick which means the brighter, the bolder. Unlike red lip colors, orange shades don't have saturated blue or red undertones which allow it to be quite versatile. From sheer tangerines to bold red-oranges, orange lipsticks tend to look good with every skin tone, meaning you won't need to spend much time trying to find that "perfect shade." So ditch your go-to nude and pale pink lipsticks for the bold hue that compliments your complexion perfectly now!
1. Fashion Fair Lipstick in Orange Ole, $18
2. Shea Moisture Shea Butter Luscious Lipstick in Coral, $9.99
3. MAC Liptensity Lipstick in Ambrosial, $21
4. Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture Lip Color in Le Orange, $37
5. Revlon Super Lustrous Pearl Lipstick in Abstract Orange, $8.79
6. NARS Matte Lipstick in Heat Wave, $28
Mirror Mirror on the wall, what’s the fairest trend of all? The answer is Mirror Sunglasses! Mirror Sunglasses (also known as flash lenses) are a fun and chic accessory that adds mystery and sophistication to any outfit. They come in various colors and styles. Some colors include copper, green, blue, yellow, silver, and orange. Mirror sunglasses radiate a cool, sleek, and stylish look. The reflective coating reduces the amount of light passing through the eye so you’ll always be protected. Look like a celeb in these sunglasses this spring/summer!
Award season is in full swing meaning it's time to pop open some champagne and troll the red carpet for gorgeous designer gowns, sparkly jewels, and beauty looks to recreate. In fact, one of our favorite beauty looks came from this past week's SAG awards. Up and coming actress, Saoirse Ronan not only starred in one of the best movies of the year, Brooklyn, but she also turned heads sporting one of the best looking up-dos we've seen in awhile. So effortless and chic, we wondered how we could achieve the same look at home.
Lucky for us, we got a professional how-to from Adir Abergel, the celebrity stylist who came up with Ronan's hairstyle. So, with a little hair spray, a curling iron, and patience, you too, and achieve this romantic and whimsical voluminous textured top knot.
How to Get The Look:
- Apply NEW John Frieda Luxurious Volume® Perfectly Full™ Mousse all over the roots through mid-shaft on towel dried hair. Then hand dry the hair and take a large round brush to create a soft voluminous blowout.
- Use a 1 1/4" curling iron on large sections of hair to create random waves and texture.
- Next, take a comb and tease the roots of your hair and pull it loosely into a top ponytail leaving some height around the front.
- Take the ponytail and back comb it prior to wrapping it around in a big deconstructed bun and pinning it in place.
- Lock the look down with NEW John Frieda Luxurious Volume® Forever Full® Hairspray.
- Make sure some pieces fall around the hairline for a more whimsical and romantic effect.