The BEST Pumpkin Pie Recipe, Like Ever! Posted on 23 Nov 02:30 , 0 comments
Lately, I've been really into pie making. From bannoffie to apple crumble pie and peach pie, my oven has definitely been overworked this fall season. However, with Thanksgiving tomorrow, there is one more pie I need to make; pumpkin pie, of course! I've made many pumpkin pies in my lifetime and experimented a ton however, I've finally perfected what I think is the ideal formula for a rich pumpkin pie. It's not only delicious and much less likely to crack on top, it's something to be truly thankful for.
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as the people you decide to share it with will!
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 large egg
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie crust
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Whisk together pumpkin puree, egg yolks, and egg in a large bowl until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nutmeg; whisk until thoroughly combined.
3. Fit pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate and crimp edges.
4. Pour filling into the pie shell and lightly tap on the work surface to release any air bubbles.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
6. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake until just set in the middle, 30 to 40 more minutes. A paring knife inserted into the filling, 1 inch from the crust, should come out clean. Allow to cool completely before serving.
*tip: Top with a dollop of whipped cream!