DIY: Festive Cactus Centerpiece Posted on 31 May 14:30 , 0 comments
Last night, we celebrated my boyfriend's birthday the way we've done the last 5 years- with a soiree at our apartment, of course! This year we opted for a Taco Tuesday theme which included mini piñatas, fresh guacamole, and margaritas. Although figuring out a menu was a no brainer, coming up with fun decor ideas was not. So, in my quest for decoration inspiration, I stumbled upon a Christmas Tree Cactus DIY by Sugar & Cloth. So cute and easy to make, this cactus made the most perfect little centerpiece, festive enough for any celebration (not just Christmas). Don't believe me? Try it out for yourself!
Here's what you need:
- Pom pom trim
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Felt balls (and any other decorative pieces you see fit)
- 4 inch flower pot
- Fake (or real) cactus...it's completely up to you!
1. Plant the cactus in the planter by pressing it snuggly down into the empty planter.
2. Hot glue the the pom pom trim around the cactus and top each small point with a bright felt ball.