This summer, I've been entertaining a lot. And as you know, I've always had a soft spot in my heart for confetti themed DIYs like the Confetti Dipped Champagne Bottles. So once I found this Confetti Tray DIY from Delineate Your Dwelling, I knew I had to try it. The perfect accessory for any summer party, this tray is guaranteed to brighten up your decor. Use for food or drinks while entertaining and for storage when not. After all, these stylish trays make playing hostess so much more fun!
Here's what you'll need:
- Mod podge dimensional magic glue
- Push-pop confetti
- Wooden tray
- White acrylic paint and brush
- Mod podge
1. Apply a generous layer of regular mod podge to you wooden tray surface.
2. Pour your confetti! This was a fun step. I had two confetti push pops from a previous project, so I popped them open and filled my tray. I also added just a little bit of gold glitter because brightly colored confetti clearly was not enough bling for this project.
3. Once the tray was full of confetti, using my hands, I patted/smashed down the confetti so that most of it stuck to the mod podge bottom.
4. Open your mod podge dimensional magic glue and slowly fill up the tray. Note, do not shake before using as this will cause air bubbles in the glue. I ended up using two bottles of the mod podge glue to cover all my confetti.
Note: The glue changed the color of the papers but once it all dried the original colors came right back! Also, the glue comes out a cloudy white color but dries clear.
5. Set your tray on a level spot and allow it to dry for 24 hours.