Delicious Cinnamon Roll Pie Crust Recipe Posted on 02 Nov 01:30 , 0 comments
Nothing says fall more than pie. From fresh dutch apple to traditional pumpkin pie, it's not too hard to find out why this season happens to be my favorite when it comes to trying out new recipes and indulging a little bit. Something I'm not too much of a fan of? Pie crust. That is, until I stumbled upon this delicious and gorgeous cinnamon roll pie crust recipe from Pure Wow. Let the baking and wowing of guests begin!
- 1 Package pie crust
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 2 Teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pie crust a few times to even it out to about ½-inch thickness.
2. In a small bowl, mix the butter with the sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract to combine. Spoon the mixture into the center of the crust. Use a spatula to spread it evenly over the entire crust.
3. Starting with the side closest to you, roll the crust into a tight spiral. Cut the finished spiral into ½-inch-thick pieces.
4. On a lightly floured surface, use a rolling pin to roll each piece into a ¼-inch-thick round. Place the pieces in a pie plate, overlapping them slightly and pressing to seal. (If the pieces aren’t sticking together well, use a little water to help “glue” them.)
5. Continue placing rounds of dough in the pie plate until the entire plate is full; trim any excess hanging over the edge. Use the tines of a fork to press indentations all around the edge. Chill the crust well before filling and baking, and bake according to your preferred pie recipe.