What better way to celebrate hump day than with one of our favorite treats, donuts! Pick up some sprinkles, and impress everyone with a batch of fun, delicious frosted donuts. Don’t worry – they’re baked, super easy, and so good you’ll be tempted to spend the rest of the week shoving one after another right into your face....and that’s a promise!
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose baking flour
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk (I used almond milk but cow's milk will work)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
For the frosting:
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (more if needed)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sprinkles of your choice, for decorating
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
2. Lightly grease a doughnut pan; set aside.
3. In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl whisk together the milk, butter, and egg. Gently fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture until just combined - don't over mix! Gently fold in sprinkles.
4. Spoon mixture into prepared doughnut pan, and bake for 10-11 minutes, or until the doughnuts spring back when lightly pressed. Allow doughnuts to cool a few minutes in the pan before transferring to a wire wrack to cool for a few more minutes.
For the glaze:
6. Combine heavy cream and confectioners' sugar in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk smooth, adding a touch more cream if the frosting seems too thick; adding a touch more sugar if the frosting seems too thin. Mix in salt and vanilla. (Add food coloring of you choice)
7. Once the donuts have cooled completely, spread the frosting over the tops of each and decorate with sprinkles.