Get the Look: Saoirse Ronan's Hairstyle at the SAG Awards Posted on 1 Feb 20:24 , 0 comments
Award season is in full swing meaning it's time to pop open some champagne and troll the red carpet for gorgeous designer gowns, sparkly jewels, and beauty looks to recreate. In fact, one of our favorite beauty looks came from this past week's SAG awards. Up and coming actress, Saoirse Ronan not only starred in one of the best movies of the year, Brooklyn, but she also turned heads sporting one of the best looking up-dos we've seen in awhile. So effortless and chic, we wondered how we could achieve the same look at home.
Lucky for us, we got a professional how-to from Adir Abergel, the celebrity stylist who came up with Ronan's hairstyle. So, with a little hair spray, a curling iron, and patience, you too, and achieve this romantic and whimsical voluminous textured top knot.
How to Get The Look:
- Apply NEW John Frieda Luxurious Volume® Perfectly Full™ Mousse all over the roots through mid-shaft on towel dried hair. Then hand dry the hair and take a large round brush to create a soft voluminous blowout.
- Use a 1 1/4" curling iron on large sections of hair to create random waves and texture.
- Next, take a comb and tease the roots of your hair and pull it loosely into a top ponytail leaving some height around the front.
- Take the ponytail and back comb it prior to wrapping it around in a big deconstructed bun and pinning it in place.
- Lock the look down with NEW John Frieda Luxurious Volume® Forever Full® Hairspray.
- Make sure some pieces fall around the hairline for a more whimsical and romantic effect.