Yes, it’s Friday. And we couldn’t be more excited. With that said, thought we’d kick off our weekend with some fun facts about fashion…
1. The first fashion magazine was published in Germany in 1586.
2. Over a lifetime, an American woman will spend $125,000 on clothes. 3,000 items—271 pairs of shoes, 185 dresses, and 145 bags.
3. The bikini was named after the island Bikini Atoll, where the US military was testing its bombs in World War 2. It was so named because its creator, Louis Réard, believed the revealing suit would create a shock like that of the atomic bomb.
4. Men’s shirts button on the right, and women’s on the left.
5. Eyeliner became popular after its discovery in King Tutankhamun’s tomb in the 1920s.
6. The fashion industry generates an average revenue of $20 billion each year.
7. The skirt is the second oldest piece of clothing, outdated only by the loincloth
8. The difference between two nominal clothing sizes is approximately ten to fifteen pounds.