Cookie Monster Bark Recipe Posted on 14 Jun 04:30 , 0 comments
Since I was a child I've always been obsessed with Cookie Monster and sweet treats. So, as an adult, I thought, why not combine two of my childhood favorites? While browsing Pinterest, I stumbled upon this cute recipe from House of Yumm and thought this Cookie Monster Bark was perfect. Not only is this recipe easy to make and cute but it's delicious too. Truly, the perfect treat for all ages!
- 8 ounces semi sweet chocolate (I used Ghirardelli)
- 8 ounces royal blue candy melts
- 1/4 cup broken chocolate chip cookies
- 1/4 cup broken chocolate sandwich cookies
- candy eyes
1. Prepare a cookie sheet by covering it with foil or a silicon baking sheet, set aside
2. Chop the chocolate, melt in microwave by putting in for 30 seconds at a time until fully melted. Pour over the prepared cookie sheet. Spread out into a thin even layer. Place sheet in fridge to allow the chocolate to chill for about 15 minutes.
3. In the meantime prepare the cookies and candy eyes. Break up the cookies and have the eyes nearby to work quickly before the next layer cools.
4. Once the chocolate is set remove from the fridge, allow to come to room temperature about five minutes.
5. Melt the blue candy melts by heating in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until completely melted.
6. Pour over the chocolate and spread into an even layer. Press the pieces of cookie and the candy eyes into the blue chocolate before it sets.
7. Place the sheet back into the fridge to set for another 10 minutes. Once set remove and allow to warm to room temperature for about 5 minutes. Peel from cookie sheet and break into pieces.
8. Can be stored in a sealed container at room temperature for 4-5 days.