Your birthday may only come around once a year but these cake batter birthday waffles don't have to! I first stumbled upon this recipe from Dear Chrissy a few months back and now constantly dream about these delicious waffles. Top them with fresh fruit and whipped cream or eat as is. My fav? Strawberries and whipped cream for the win. Trust me, these waffles taste as good as they look.
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Purely Simple white cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles, plus more for garnishing
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- whipped cream
1. Coat waffle iron with no-stick cooking spray. Heat according to manufacturer’s directions on medium heat.
2. Whisk cake mix, oil, water and eggs in large bowl until smooth. Stir in sprinkles. Pour 2/3 cup batter onto waffle iron. Bake 2 to 3 minutes or until done. Repeat with remaining batter.
3. Top each waffle with strawberries, whipped cream and sprinkles as desired. Serve immediately.
*Tip: Put left over waffles in a freezer bag and freeze. Pop in the toaster for an easy breakfast the next day!