DIY: Dishwasher Safe Decorated Mugs Posted on 24 Mar 00:00 , 0 comments
A fan of coffee and tea, we thought it'd be fun to share a DIY project from Curbly. So, if you're looking for a budget friendly gift or just want something new for your own home, then you'll want to make these dishwasher safe painted mugs! The project really only takes 20 minutes (plus bake time), and you can even find plain mugs at the dollar store.
As long as you have the right paint for this project (and bake when done), you shouldn't run into any troubles with your mugs.
- Ceramic mugs
- Vitrea 160 paint + marker
- Paint brush
1. Decorate the mugs any way you like but to get the same look as ours, start by applying your color base. The paint appears a bit thin on glazed ceramic, so it may have a transparent feel to it depending on how thickly you apply it. Let each coat dry before adding additional color.
2. Once the color is dry, you can go back over it with your Pebeo marker to add a pattern.
3. Once you're satisfied with your design, put in the oven and bake for 40 minutes at 325 degrees F. If you don't bake your mug, the design will not last. Once the forty minutes is up, turn off your oven and let it cool down with the mugs inside (so they don't break).
4. Enjoy your new dishwasher safe mugs!